This probably has to be one of our favourites at Cheese Wedge, a Cheese Stuffing Chicken toastie. As the weather at the moment is lovely, this is the perfect snack to enjoy in the garden.
Steps to make the toastie:
- Start with buttering one side of each slice of bread. (Use good thick bread as this will hold together better and allows more cheese to be added).
- Grate the Cheese Stuffing. Split the cheese between two slices of bread, placing it on the unbuttered side.
- Add the cooked chicken on top of the cheese, season with a little salt and pepper.
- Make the sandwich, putting together the first and the second slice of bread with the unbuttered side down.
- Heat the frying pan until hot. Using a flat spatula, lay the two sandwiches into the hot pan (they should sizzle a little as they hit the pan). Gently press the sandwich with the spatula, for a few minutes on one side pressing from time to time, then flip over and repeat on the other side.
- Remove from the pan when the cheese has melted and the bread has turned a golden brown colour.
- Cut into two and serve.
- Enjoy! Remember to tag us in any recipes using our cheeses.