We all love garlic don't we ? Well these garlic muffins are a definite winner!
We recommend a 12 hole muffin tin and 12 cases.
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
275g self - raising flour
50g Melted Butter
1 Large Egg (this needs to be beaten)
100g Garlic & Parsley Cheese (1 Wedge) Grated
(Any garlic cheese can be used including Cheshire cheese or Lancashire cheese)
Handful of chopped basil
2 tbsp tomato paste
Steps to make the Garlic Muffins:
1. Preheat the oven to 200C
2. Pour the flour, salt and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Mix the butter, milk and egg together in a jug.
3. Add all the cheese and basil into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix.
4. Pour the wet ingredients in and gently stir everything together using a fork.
5. Add the tomato paste to give a rippled effect throughout the batter.
6. Divide the mixture between the 12 cases. Bake in the oven for 16–19 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
7. Remove from oven, leave to cool down. Can be served warm or cold.
8. Enjoy! Remember to tag us in any recipes using our cheeses.